ShopperTrak is a cloud-based retail technology that provides in-store foot traffic analytics. The analytics are presented in a user-friendly dashboard that retailers and malls can use to increase in-store conversions, optimize labor, and deliver an optimal customer experience.
As the Global Leader for Digital & Marcom for Johnson Controls retail technology division, I was hired to drive digital transformation, including architecting the organization’s digital roadmap across the entire funnel from demand generation and lead generation to conversion and cross-selling.
Key business outcomes included:
- Tripled the number of marketing qualified leads (MQLs) in the first 18 months
- Increased the value of new pipeline opportunities (in USD$) for last fiscal year, equating for almost 40% of new opportunities
- Increased efficiency, reduced spend by 30% to fund new aspects of the program
Building the growth engine was a combination of programs, processes, and people including:
- Architected the strategy and stood-up a marketing pipeline across the entire funnel from demand generation and lead generation to conversion and cross-selling, including:
- Built a closed-loop lead generation capability in a complex, matrix organization
- Restructured global geographically-distributed team across six time zones: built a global campaign management function, demand-lead gen program team, and digital operations team from scratch
- Developed program planning and executional processes for global programs and in-language localization of elements
- Created a budget tracking process
- Developed processes to support localization of content and tactics
- Created dashboard reports forecasting close percentages across lead stages
- Fully leveraged existing Salesforce & Pardot for opportunity and lead management
Re-engineered and launched global demand gen and lead gen programs, continually optimixing
- The demand and lead generation programs leveraged keywords analytics, SaaS use cases, and web behavior to drive content creation.
- For example, one of the key uses for traffic analytics is understanding the influence of promotions and marketing of in-store shoppers.
- A number of digital promotional tactics were used, including:
- Search engine optimized content, including SEO-driven blogs
- Paid search ads (Google Adwords
- Display ads
- Syndicated ad network
- Paid social
- 3rd party newsletter & content sponsorships
- Sales enablement
- Landing pages
- The landing page features content such as ”optimizing marketing spend ebook” as well as blogs.
- Downloading of the ebook triggers the other related content on tying marketing spend to traffic analytics.
- Once the user is enrolled in the stream, they are followed up with a nurturing stream of emails that drive re-engagement by promoting other content around the same use case.
This content is one example of a program built around use cases for demand gen to drive more site traffic as well as re-engagement with leads in nurturing streams. Additional programs leverage the same type of tactics, modified by audience and performance.
LinkedIn Elevate has recently been launched to grow the online community. Centralized curators develop posts for employee sharing. Sales and other customer facing employees can quickly customize and republish posts via LinkedIn that integrate with featured marketing messages during a specific time period.