The following slideshow highlights a number of my key career accomplishments
Growth through Digital Transformation and Reimagining Products/Services
- Doubled revenue within first 12 months of joining organization through creation of two new offerings (one new service capability and one new industry focused offering). Demonstrated tremendous grit to ensure delivery of revenue where growth occurred before complete operational readiness.
- Envisioned, architected, and actualized a new marketing capability that drove a 25% increase in revenue. Capitalized on evolution of marketing/sales funnel, architecting, and building a digital demand generation, lead generation and sales enablement capability.
- Served as the organization’s Chief Marketing Officer. Identified industry trends and identified disruptive areas of opportunity and growth. Constructed strategic product marketing plan to identify new service offerings. Created partnerships and transformed staff to align to new service areas, serving as a player/coach as new capabilities were launched.
- Captured over $2.5 million dollars in incremental revenue through establishing a digital operations team to operationalize complex versioning. Led organizational transformation including recruiting and staffing of organization; created a marketing operations team to create business rules and execute highly tailored and involved marketing programs.
Growth through Optimization and Marketing Innovation
- Drove customer base growth through an innovative acquisition program (from 15,000 customers to over 500,000 over 24 months) while maintaining a test “incubator” to fuel learnings for continued grow. Hired by management consultants to create an initial pilot to prove market viability. Scaled marketing across entire footprint after a successful pilot that delivered double digit take rates. Architected the organization’s renewal multi-channel effort that yielded over a 90% retention rate in a highly competitive marketplace that protected embedded revenue base.
- Revamped automotive subscription go-to-market strategy to drive a 30% increase in marketing performance. Identified insights through non-traditional research and bootstrapped budget. Architected a new strategic approach that changed the marketing cycle from being “product release driven” to “customer driven”. Leveraged personalization and tailored messaging to improve communications and drive an increase in response.
- Increased transactions for an online platform by 18% through behavioral marketing. Partnered with CMO to utilize current analytics and informal research to identify key lifecycle stages. Oversaw the agency team from program conception through execution – leading the team responsible for constructing & executing a white label program that ultimately was executed for 4000 financial institutions and credit unions. Built internal agency team and process to manage digital operations required to operationalize complex versioning and business rules.
- Rapidly designed and implemented integrated digital engagement and sales enablement program. Strategy was based on past campaign data, primary and secondary research, as well as customer journey maps. Effort was supported by marketing automation and integrated with social and digital platforms. Generated 30% engagement within 12 months of program’s inception.
- Architected and implemented digital programs, social media strategies, and sales enablement efforts for highly regulated industries including Utilities, Financial Services, and Insurance. Results included leveraging search-oriented blogs & content to grow a social media following 600% as well as increasing website traffic 2400%, inbound links 7900% and leads 13000%, ultimately driving a 25% increase in revenue.
Leadership and Management
- Served as a member of management team during high growth period. Transformed organization to a digital-first agency through identifying digital marketing trends and creating a strategic capabilities plan. Architected and implemented new revenue streams, including creating strategic partnerships with analytics firm, martech firm, and other key organizations to complement internal resources.
- Consistently delivered on revenue and profit targets – outsourced functions to avoid profit erosion and increase operating margin. Delivered positive return on marketing investment – from 3:1 to 13:1 revenue to expense ratios – forecasted return during conception of program and measured results on the back-end.
- Managed a functionally and geographically diverse staff of 20+. Drove employee retention for high value players (assigned to accounts associated with 20% of revenue) through innovative human capital strategies: established a distributed workforce and implemented flex hours. Served as a player/coach during periods of transformation – comfortable with the ability to migrate from “doing” to “leading” as an organization scales.
- Effectively led internal and external matrix teams; served on corporate cross functional teams to help clear barriers and generate stakeholder support for initiatives. Became a trusted go-to source for marketing program leaders to problem solve internal barriers and find mutually beneficial solutions that enable progress.
Master of Science
Integrated Marketing Communications
Northwestern University’s Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) teaches a customer-centric strategic approach through which organizations drive performance by engaging, serving and communicating. IMC combines qualitative understanding with large-scale analytics to develop communications and content that build and maintain strong brands. Summer residency completed at JCPenney in Plano, Texas.
Bachelor of Science
I am a continuous learner, and have completed the following certifications to stay current with data applications and digital channels.
Google Adwords Certification, Fundamentals and Advanced Paid Search
Google Analytics Individual Certification
Hootsuite Platform Certification
Udemy, Digital Advertising
LinkedIn Social Media Management Tools, 2016
LinkedIn How to Rock Social Media, 2016
LinkedIn WordPress.com Essential Training, 2016
LinkedIn Google Adwords Essential Training, 2016
LinkedIn Google Analytics Essential Training, 2016
LinkedIn Building an Online Integrated Marketing Plan, 2016
LinkedIn Advanced Branding, 2016
LinkedIn Instagram for Business, 2016
LinkedIn Up and Running with Slack, 2016
LinkedIn Digital Marketing Research, 2016